Benny Dayal (Malayalam: െബന്നി ദയാല്) (born on May 13, 1984) is an Indian singer. He is a member of the band S5 launched by the channel SS Music. He has worked as a playback singer with A. R. Rahman in several movies including Delhi-6 and Ghajini.
Benny Dayal hails from Kollam district, Kerala.. He did his schooling in Abu Dhabi and went on to complete his B.Com from Madras Christian College. After his graduation in MCC, he did a diploma in journalism from the same college.
He was working with RR Donnelley. He quit his job in BPO and decided to dedicate his career on music..
* Ithu Premamo
* Saaral (Produced by Rainbow Bridge Studios)
His most recent Album was Saaral, which was released on September 29 2008. Benny has sung 3 songs for the album Saaral. The songs are Vizhiyoram, Yenthan Nenjil, and Azhaga Kollai Azhaga. The trio of Benny Dayal, Sanjeev Philip Thomas, and Gopakumar TV, have released their first video song, Vizhiyoram.
* Omana Penne From Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya composed by A. R. Rahman
* You And Me From Pyaar Impossible
* Pocket Mein Rocket from Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year
* Maduraikku Pogadhedi and Nee Marylin Monroe cloning-aa from Azhagiya Thamizh Magan composed by A. R. Rahman
* Neeye Sol from Polladhavan composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar
* KaaLa KaaLa from Kaalai composed by G. V. Prakash Kumar
* Dhikku Dhikku and Pudhu Pudhu from Dhaam Dhoom composed by Harris Jeyaraj
* Pappu cant dance saala and Nazrein Milaana,Nazrein Churaana from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na composed by A.R.Rahman
* Chinnamma chilakkamma and Taxi...Taxi from Sakkarakatti composed by A. R. Rahman
* Theneeril Snegitham from the film Subramaniapuram composed by James Vasanthan
* Ore Or Naal Unnai Maatru from Jayamkondaan composed by Vidyasagar
* En Anbe from Sathyam composed by Harris Jayaraj
* Yethi Yethi and Adiye Kolludhe - both from the movie Vaaranam Aayiram, composed by Harris Jayaraj
* Tu Meri Dost Hai from Yuvraaj composed by A. R. Rahman
* Dil Ka Rishta from Yuvraaj composed by A. R. Rahman
* Kaise Mujhe from the film Ghajini composed by A. R. Rahman
* Delhi 6 from the film Delhi 6 composed by A. R. Rahman
* Rehna Tu from the film Delhi 6 composed by A. R. Rahman
* Oyyayiyae from the film Ayan composed by Harris Jeyaraj
* Night Is Still Young from the film Muthirai composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja
* Current Title Song from the telugu film Current composed by Devi Sri Prasad
* Nacka Romba Nacka from the Tamil film Masilamani composed by D Iman
* Boom from the Tamil film Kulir 100 composed by Bobo Shashi
* Aayutha Ealuthu from the album Kavithai Gundar composed by Malaysian Rap Star Emcee Jesz, produced by Shruti Hassan
* Dammaku Dammaku from the Tamil film Aadhavan composed by Harris Jayaraj
* "Nanbanai partha" from the Tamil film Ninaithale Inikkum composed by Vijay Antony
* Oru Naal Iravil from the Tamil film [Kandein Kadhalai] composed by [Vidyasagar]
* "Money Money" from the Tamil film Siddu composed by Dharan
* "Edu Edu" from the Tamil film Appavi composed by Joshua Sridhar
* "Vacany" & "Vacany(Kilogram Mix" both from the Hindi film Golmaal Returns composed by Pritam
* "Yaen Kedutha" from the Tamil film Seval
* "Gundey Lo Ne Ppundiley" from the Telugu Film Blue
* "Pesum Minsaram" and "Yaathumagi Nindrai" from the Tamil film Yaathumagi
* 54th Filmfare Awards 2009- RD Burman Award for New Music Talent
In the Malayalam movie "By the people" Benny dayal showed his charm as an actor along with his 'S5' band partners. It was a suspense thriller, and all the songs were sung by 'S5' members for the composer Pravin Mani who was an assistant to A.R Rahman. This is how Rahman got to know about Benny Dayal and gave him a chance to sing his compositions.